No3 SLG Middle Farm

Local airfield historys etc

No3 SLG Middle Farm

Postby Cluny » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:36 pm

Opened on 25th Febuary 1941 , this Satellite Landing Ground was used by 1 GTS [Glider Training School] Hotspurs from nearby RAF Croughton and for storing Wellingtons for the nearby OTUs at Finmere , Bicester and Upper Heyford till it closed on 10th January 1946 .

Guardroom
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Equipment Stores [the only other remains at what was a very primative airfield when active to start with]
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Couple of views across the Airfield .
Image

Image

Image
Image
Rain God Mod
User avatar
Cluny
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: Bicester
Also Known As: Blizzard the watcher

Return to Aviation History

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest