Football!

All sports discussion. WARNING: Result spoilers possibile in all threads!

Re: Football!

Postby Sooty655 » Sun May 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Aceyone wrote:Maybe but I don't think so,although 3 wins out of 4 isn't bad,if I recall last season we had a late run that almost took us into the play-offs and we followed that with the rubbish this season,I feel sorry for Doncaster though,never saw that coming,was kinda hoping that other South London club would go down ;)

Now there's a surprise !!! :)) :)) :))

I'm not sorry the Blades missed out on the League 1 play-offs. \:D/ \:D/
Sooty

One Olympus 301 has twice the power of a complete F1 starting grid.
XM655 has four of them, all serviceable.
When we make noise, WE MAKE NOIZE ! !
Sooty655

Postby Aceyone » Sun May 04, 2014 8:37 pm

Sooty655 wrote:
Aceyone wrote:Maybe but I don't think so,although 3 wins out of 4 isn't bad,if I recall last season we had a late run that almost took us into the play-offs and we followed that with the rubbish this season,I feel sorry for Doncaster though,never saw that coming,was kinda hoping that other South London club would go down ;)

Now there's a surprise !!! :)) :)) :))

I'm not sorry the Blades missed out on the League 1 play-offs. \:D/ \:D/

I bet your're not !
Take only photographs,leave only footprints .
Aceyone
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress

Postby Dee » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:01 am

Well i see RATBOY has been at it again, altho if media is to be believed its all a conspiracy from the English!! Something seriously wrong with the guy!!!
Dee
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Postby Mayfly » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:43 am

He should be banned for life! Is this the 3rd or 4th time? Childish pedantic behaviour, certainly no role model. I know managers have a job to do eg: choose their best players to out play their opponents but I would drop him like a hot potato.
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Spitfire » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Well Ratboy he may be - and his behaviour is way beyond stupid and he should indeed be banned - but, all that said, - and I know NOTHING at all about football - he DID score 2 what seemed to be excellent goals against us and having just had knee surgery and only being 75% fit that's pretty impressive.

Some say..that he was unmarked in our game and able to score those goals as our players were scared of being bitten ... all I know is that he's called .. Suarez :D :p

4th in the Group - worst result since 1958 - a disgrace in every sense of the word - and yet they all come home to our comfortable Premier League and continue earning £300000 a week whether they play or not ... that's an even worse disgrace in my book.

Edit ...

Suarez found guilty...

World governing body Fifa have imposed a four-month world footballing ban on Uruguay striker Luis Suarez for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.
The independent disciplinary committee imposed the suspension after finding the 27-year-old guilty of misconduct.
Suarez has also been banned for nine international matches, ruling him out of the rest of the World Cup.

For a third infringement for the same 'misconduct' offense shouldn't this have been more of a financial 'hit him in the pocket' fine as no doubt he'll still be picking up his £200000 a week whilst serving his ban as he won't be paid per match but contractually waged.
Imagine losing 9 x £200000 as a one off fine ... that'd surely stop him rolling around on the floor pretending his teeth hurt :p ;)

Someone said the other day that nowadays footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they are hurt and rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not ;)
Last edited by Spitfire on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spitfire
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Postby Mayfly » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Banned for 4 months!!! That is a disgrace in my book too!

http://news.sky.com/story/1289919/suarez-gets-four-month-ban-for-italy-bite

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Spitfire » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Mayfly wrote:Banned for 4 months!!! That is a disgrace in my book too!

You echo my sentiments exactly :D
Spitfire
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Postby Sploosher » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Mayfly wrote:Banned for 4 months!!! That is a disgrace in my book too!

You echo my sentiments exactly :D

that's way to short..................... :-o

I hope he does not get paid while he is banned, and his fine should have been £650,000 not £65,000 :ymdevil:
Sploosher
BAE Hawk
BAE Hawk

Also Known As: jangor

Postby Ray C » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:25 pm

They interviewed several (Scousers) outside LFC tonight....seems they don't want him back....!
So off to Spain he will go .
Be yourself...everyone else is taken...!
Oscar Wilde.
Ray C
BAE Hawk
BAE Hawk

Also Known As: Castle boy

Postby Spitfire » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:10 pm

Sponsors not dropping him either ... just 'ticking him off' ~x(

These footballers are FAR too powerful now - it's beyond silly ... everyone is scared of them because of the 'celebrity' status and the potential money they can earn the clubs ..

I despair :( :(
Spitfire
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Postby Frenchphenix » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:11 pm

personnally I m impress by the number of simulator (the player which crying during one hour because he have touch a oser player, I don't know if it's the same word in english) in all action two or tree player rest on the ground for nothing. for my the FIFA should reveiw the match and punish the simulator, they kill the games.

anyway
ALLE LES BLEUS (go the blue, the french team)
Frenchphenix
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby Mayfly » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:43 pm

I agree PH there is far too much play acting and trying to gain the advantage by rolling around and diving.

However one sponsor has now dropped Suarez, but he will still earn approx £3m whilst banned.

Mayfly

Postby Spitfire » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:03 pm

And at every infringement all the players stick their arms up in an attempt to get the refereee to notice where the culprit is - or to claim they were the one infringed against - or to claim anything that might get them an advantage...

They then all run to the referee and gather around him remonstrating aggressively with their chests pushed out towards him and waving their arms about literally inches from him - shouting and screaming ... just like 5 year olds in a play ground...

They wouldn't last 5 minutes with a rugby referee - they'd be off ... :p
Spitfire
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Postby Frenchphenix » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:08 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
sorry to kill the topic but
france2- nigeria 0

the last match is more hard , germany ....or algeria :))
Frenchphenix
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby Mayfly » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:21 am

I thought Algeria played really well I only watched until the end of the first half of extra time tho' so missed the last 20 minutes or so.

Mayfly

Postby Frenchphenix » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:49 am

I hadn t look the match but the Algeria had good play because we imagine to the germa win 6-0 but 2-1 it s a good score for algeria.
we are lukky the algeria lost because a france-algeria make a civil war in france
Frenchphenix
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby Dee » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Well done France. Argentina looked very ordinary but as you would expect they go and score late on!!
Dee

Postby Frenchphenix » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:43 pm

I dream to a win of thé france but in front of the germany, i m not optimist. In other side the germany isn t in the top of this capacity and the france is impredictible , they can win or lost 3-0.
I don t look a dominatrix team, bresilia and argentina survive only in the back of neymar and messi. Colombia ,costa rica , usa (and the belgium and france in smaller part) is bad tream in good period but they can t continue many more time. The neerland and germany is the exacly opposite.
Frenchphenix
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby RLN » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:28 pm

frenchphenix wrote:I dream to a win of thé france but in front of the germany, i m not optimist. In other side the germany isn t in the top of this capacity and the france is impredictible , they can win or lost 3-0.
I don t look a dominatrix team, bresilia and argentina survive only in the back of neymar and messi. Colombia ,costa rica , usa (and the belgium and france in smaller part) is bad tream in good period but they can t continue many more time. The neerland and germany is the exacly opposite.

That reminds me of a Lego picture that I have...... :D
RLN

Postby Mayfly » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:53 pm

Behave!!!!

I thought the game last night was very entertaining I even stayed up to watch extra time :))

Mayfly

Postby Frenchphenix » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:38 pm

sorry, I have use google translat for search the world "dominatrice" (I use google translat only like to a dictionnary) and the first responce is dominatix. in other point I don't no the expression "behave" it's a expression of approval?

for the football, the german newspaper isn't optimistic for his team and take the french team for favorite of the cup. in france, before the cup, the majority of the french didn't like our team and the media used this feeling and many publicity is again the team (orangina made a comunication compagn in the anti-foot cop, and in a publicity a shop reimburse the TV if you make good bet the tree match of the bleu (no the tree first match)). but after the match again the swiss the media have change of a side and look the team champion.

personnaly I'm not optimist. and you, what your favorit?
Frenchphenix
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby RLN » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:55 pm

frenchphenix wrote:sorry, I have use google translat for search the world "dominatrice" (I use google translat only like to a dictionnary) and the first responce is dominatix. in other point I don't no the expression "behave" it's a expression of approval?

for the football, the german newspaper isn't optimistic for his team and take the french team for favorite of the cup. in france, before the cup, the majority of the french didn't like our team and the media used this feeling and many publicity is again the team (orangina made a comunication compagn in the anti-foot cop, and in a publicity a shop reimburse the TV if you make good bet the tree match of the bleu (no the tree first match)). but after the match again the swiss the media have change of a side and look the team champion.

personnaly I'm not optimist. and you, what your favorit?

Mayfly was telling me to be good (se comportent, être bon). As for the football, I hope the Netherlands win.
RLN

Postby Mayfly » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:28 pm

RLN is inclined to get over excited where his Lego is concerned!! :))

So Germany v France then not sure how that will end up.

Like RLN tho' I'm a bit of a Netherlands fan.

Mayfly

Postby Frenchphenix » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:00 pm

half-time (germany 1-france0)
the german is simple and efficience (2shoot 1 goal) and more important they remake a good defence. the france is not bad , they attak again and again but they havn' good accuracy and we have a spectator in the feild, benzema is useless, he no run , he expect the ball and there lose at the moment to he there recive
Frenchphenix
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby Mayfly » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:13 am

Any one see the Brazil v Colombia match?

I think the ref was very leient with all the fouls.

Feel sorry for Neymar breaking a vertebra hope there is no long lasting effects for him.

Mayfly

PreviousNext

Return to Grandstand