A E (Chris)Wren's WW2 oddentities cartoons.

Local airfield historys etc

A E (Chris)Wren's WW2 oddentities cartoons.

Postby Laurie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:18 pm

:D Hi Im new here! but not to Aviation. My family ties to Aviation go back to my grandfathers service as a pilot in the RFC in WW1. My father served in the RAF during WW2, flew for Silver city airways in the 60,s and my Uncle also served in the RAF until his retirement just a few years ago.
I was clearing out my loft the other day, as i am moving soon, and came across a box of my fathers odds and sods. I found a half dozen pictures that he used to have on his wall when based during the War, and i remember him telling me that a wartime cartoonist did them, and others, for aircraft recognition. His trademark was the way he cartoonised the pictures, emphasising the aircrafts more prominent features to aid with recognition.
I have search the internet and cannot find any images at all, there are a few paperback copies of booklets on ebay, referring to the artwork, called "Wrens Oddentities", but these are just copies and not originals.
I want to sell the 6 pics that i have, but have no idea of their worth, nor really much about the history of these pictures.
I would be grateful if anyone could advise or inform me about these or where might b a good place to advertise.
I think my dad probably has 6 of the best of them, being the spitfire, desert hurricane, mosquito, sterling bomber, lancaster bomber and the typhoon.
All the pics are about "7 x "4 in size and really colourful.
Thanks.
laurie
i would post a photo of them, but cant see how i attach a photo!!
Laurie
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Re: A E (Chris)Wren's WW2 oddentities cartoons.

Postby Mayfly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:55 pm

Welcome to IA.

You need to link to 3rd party such as photobucket or Imageshack the link below should help

http://www.iconicaircraft.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4798
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Re: A E (Chris)Wren's WW2 oddentities cartoons.

Postby Nickolas » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Wow, looking forward to seeing these.
Proud parent of Tom.com & King Willy.
Chairman of 309 (Sawbridgeworth) Sqn Association Committee RAFAC
West Sector Chairperson Essex Wing RAFAC
Owner of Stanley Schnauzer.... and Alfie Cockerpoo
Nickolas
Airbus A380
Airbus A380

Also Known As: Dad to Cllr TDC

Return to Aviation History