Postby Hazzer111 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:31 pm

The newsletter gave this link to a "end of flight document"
http://www.vulcantothesky.org/uploads/d ... d2-Web.pdf
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin

Re: Latest Quest for Funds

Postby Mayfly » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 pm

2 requests to keep on topic were ignored so posts moved to quarantine. This is an 'open' part of the forum visible to all, O/T banter is not appropriate in such a thread with the future of 558 a talking point at this time.

Last edited by Mayfly on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to add something I had forgotten to say!!!
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Old Rigger » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Out of idle curiosity I added up the cost of all the CLR codes listed and they came to £94,000, it would be nice to know what the other winter servicing costs breakdowns are for the other £300,000 and odd pounds as I think the CLR shares is a good way to get people involved more closely and can see what they are specifically donating to, which could be more helpful if the bigger amount was broken down in a similar manner.

I know there is hangar rent and insurance but I got the impression from the newsletters that that would come out of the next £400,000, along with fuel for air tests and to get 558 into the earning phase at air shows next year.

No digs, implications, pot stirring or conspiracy theories intended or implied, just genuine curiosity.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Image
Old Rigger
Boeing B-29 Superfortress

Postby Bubbles » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 pm

Hangar rent, wages, office costs and the usual day to day costs.

Yes, yes you did!
Bubbles

Postby Rgw58 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 pm

Two things:
1. There was talk of her performing full-throttle taxing if her flying days came to an end - to see her and the Victor at Bruntingthorpe together would be stunning.

2. I went to the Bruntingthorpe Open Day last May and got talking to one of the jet pilots there. He told me he had decided not to renew his membership to the 'Vulcan To The Sky Club' because he had learnt that a number of senior managers were allegedly, and collectively, taking a high six figure salary. As a charity and with the cost of keeping her flying, is something that does not gel with me. If this is true, is it any wonder they struggle to find the finance for the aircraft alone let alone pay .....
Rgw58
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby Mayfly » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Rgw58 wrote:Two things:
1. There was talk of her performing full-throttle taxing if her flying days came to an end - to see her and the Victor at Bruntingthorpe together would be stunning.

2. I went to the Bruntingthorpe Open Day last May and got talking to one of the jet pilots there. He told me he had decided not to renew his membership to the 'Vulcan To The Sky Club' because he had learnt that a number of senior managers were allegedly, and collectively, taking a high six figure salary. As a charity and with the cost of keeping her flying, is something that does not gel with me. If this is true, is it any wonder they struggle to find the finance for the aircraft alone let alone pay .....

If you read the latest accounts you will see is it states that the only person to be paid between £60-70K is Robert Pleming.

There always has been a load rubbish spouted about the wages. Many many charities pay their staff. One poster on prune believes that the pilots are also paid a similar amount =)) If they were and you do the maths it would show that the other 22 employees earn £60K between them an average of £2,700pa - somehow I don't think that sounds right! ~x(
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Exceptionalsleeper » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Even if that were true Pam, the jockey's deserve a high salary/retention bonus/flying pay etc. You well know, the job is not without risk and their workload is pretty damn high compared to that of a desk jockey!
FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION - HUMAN RIGHTS ACT 1998
Exceptionalsleeper
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin

Previous

Return to Anything Vulcan