XH558 Jubilee Tour

Discussions on XM655, XH558, XM607, XL426 or any other preserved aircraft

Re: XH558 Jubilee Tour

Postby Hungry Haggis » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Mayfly wrote:It appears there were some remarks re the 'ex RAF Cottesmore fly past' - not on target and quite high. Well it appears as from 05.20 yesterday morning the Army had raised an Notam stopping overflight of the now Barracks!!

Won't say what I think about it! ~x( [taking into account they are simply being pongos!!]

Think the wide(of centerline ) & high pass would be because the Army do not like close overflight by just about anything(just in case someone leans out and takes naughty pics or they get woke up from their Saturday lay in ) or maybe they didn't want flour bombs on their nice clean camp.
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
Hungry Haggis
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Postby Mayfly » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:50 pm

I could see Barry leaning out of his window dropping flour bombs!! :))
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Yahweh70 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:28 pm

I was at Waddington. They'd just tweeted a notification about 'Visual at Cottesmore' and there she was.. slow and low.

An idiot Audi driver narrowly avoided causing a pile-up, as he/she ground to a halt just past the fence opposite the approach runway, and then reversed into the mini carpark there. Not that folks would be hammering down that straight, of course.. Oh no..

Will check my pics, see if any good ones..

Glad I didn't go to Cottesmore, now. Although I think Oakham area got buzzed on way out, and return..
Yahweh70
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby MOD » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:07 pm

Ducati Boy wrote:Thanks MOD, but who destroyed the lovely Ferrari Rosso red paintwork and gold wheels of the Ducati, sacrilege!! :-o :-o :D .

Yeah, those white wheels just don't look right.. :(

ibw
MOD
BAE Hawk
BAE Hawk

Also Known As: ibw123Heyfordian etc

Postby Mayfly » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Yahweh70 wrote:I was at Waddington. They'd just tweeted a notification about 'Visual at Cottesmore' and there she was.. slow and low.

An idiot Audi driver narrowly avoided causing a pile-up, as he/she ground to a halt just past the fence opposite the approach runway, and then reversed into the mini carpark there. Not that folks would be hammering down that straight, of course.. Oh no..

Will check my pics, see if any good ones..

Glad I didn't go to Cottesmore, now. Although I think Oakham area got buzzed on way out, and return..

It wasn't me I was in my MX5 :p

Was there many at the wave?

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Robdsn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:03 am

Did anyone pick up from Twitter that she did a practice display at Kemble between flypasts at Staverton and Filton? This was in front of a CAA examiner to get Bill Ramsey approved for next year, this one was kept very quiet. As good as it is to see her flying and doing a flypast, I would certainly have taken the small drive to Kemble to see a full display.

Robdsn
Robdsn
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby Pop Rivet » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Robdsn wrote:Did anyone pick up from Twitter that she did a practice display at Kemble between flypasts at Staverton and Filton? This was in front of a CAA examiner to get Bill Ramsey approved for next year, this one was kept very quiet. As good as it is to see her flying and doing a flypast, I would certainly have taken the small drive to Kemble to see a full display.

Robdsn

VTTS keeping information quiet... never 8-| 8-| :YMAPPLAUSE:
Pop Rivet
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby Mayfly » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm

:)) If they were allowed to do a practice display in front of the public, they wouldn't need a display auth.

Mayfly

Previous

Return to Anything Vulcan