£802K +

Discussions on XM655, XH558, XM607, XL426 or any other preserved aircraft

Re: £802K +

Postby Xplumberlives » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:12 am

Mayfly wrote:
british tax payer

Nicklos I agree they should have something in place thats says 15,000 supporters at £4 pw per year sorts the problem please conside this option & that message needs to go out now when asking for the pledges not in 6 mths time

So let's get it moving then
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress

Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Postby Nickolas » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:13 am

Xplumberlives wrote:Well said saint Nick, if we can see this let's hope the management can and if not lets go to the AGM and propose some changes! X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(

The AGM is for the VTTS CLUB not the trust I believe so I don't think that other than withdrawing support there is much we can do.

It's the TRUST that need to be brought into the real world. (As quite often the case with those that are from the landed gentry. (GET YOUR HEAD OUT FROM UP YOUR ARSE)).

VTTSC members have done huge amounts to make this pledge scheme work and so have the staff at Brunty. It's the mentality of the Trust Committee that's the issue...........
Chief Constable of the Forum Police
Proud parent of Tom.com & King Willy.
Chairman of 309 (Sawbridgeworth) Sqn Association Committee
Owner of Stanley Schnauzer....
Nickolas
Airbus A380
Airbus A380

Also Known As: Dad to Cllr TDC

Postby Xplumberlives » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:14 am

Nickolas wrote:
Xplumberlives wrote:Well said saint Nick, if we can see this let's hope the management can and if not lets go to the AGM and propose some changes! X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(

The AGM is for the VTTS CLUB not the trust I believe so I don't think that other than withdrawing support there is much we can do.

It's the TRUST that need to be brought into the real world. (As quite often the case with those that are from the landed gentry. (GET YOUR HEAD OUT FROM UP YOUR ARSE)).

VTTSC members have done huge amounts to make this pledge scheme work and so have the staff at Brunty. It's the mentality of the Trust Committee that's the issue...........

I concur most heartedly!
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby Nickolas » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:16 am

I have to go and do some decorating at my late mums but will be happy to pick this up again later this evening..........
Nickolas
Airbus A380
Airbus A380

Postby Medic one » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:19 am

have spoken to a friend who himself and three friend have raised £200 he would be willing to give his pledge even if the total is not reached
Medic one
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby Xplumberlives » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:25 am

Medic one wrote:have spoken to a friend who himself and three friend have raised £200 he would be willing to give his pledge even if the total is not reached

I thought the WHOLE point of the PLEDGE scheme was that the money would only ever be called in, if the total was reached, otherwise the project could not move forward.
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby Wedgy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:27 am

Nickolas wrote:

Amen brother! :)
"Afterall, I am a kind Admin, a caring Admin, I listen to the people"

Help promote us! Look HERE
Wedgy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Also Known As: Wedginald

Postby Xplumberlives » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:07 am

Wedgy wrote:
Nickolas wrote:

When did you get a better suntan and move to the south of Murkin land?
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby Wedgy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:14 am

Xplumberlives wrote:

Excuse me, I am a Glaswegian :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Hume

Wedgy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Xplumberlives » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:34 am

Wedgy wrote:
Xplumberlives wrote:

Excuse me, I am a Glaswegian :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Hume

You were the one who spoke in a strange tongue (AMEN BROTHER)! [-x
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby Mayfly » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Wedgy wrote:
Nickolas wrote:

I'm not sure who you are saying is at fault here do you mean the TRUSTEES or the trust management which include to my mine RP, AE & MT
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Wedgy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Only speaking for myself .... I am saying, its where the buck stops in an organisation of any kind. ;)

Wedgy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mayfly » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:05 pm

My point is I dont think it is just the trustees that are at fault they like the aircrew all have day jobs - the management at B/T have to get a grip, they are involved all day every day, with no other employment causing distractions [at least that I know of].

I stated a few days ago the the BBC now post all breaking news on the website before they feature it on TV news programmes - likewise it was stated on Wed ITV are cut 600 jobs because they have lost advertising revenue to the internet, THAT speaks volumes

If they dont have the time or interest to update the website - get someone who has - I know there have been many offers of help all ignored.

Some one please take my soap box away from me

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby MadNaddy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:19 pm

Mayfly you are only repeating what yourself and others have been saying for a long time! and NO we wont take your soap box away! Others have their own soap boxes and WILL be using them for quite a long time - trust me on this one. Club members voices are being heard and OH MY LIFE now they ARE being heard people are going to make sure they continue to be heard!

Not in a nasty way, but in a productive way I'm sure, to ensure that this momentum keeps moving forward and onwards to the future.

(Im keep popping on for a bit at a time - I can't keep up with the forums at the mo but I DO keep trying! Missing you guys LOADS xxx)
Image Image
MadNaddy
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Also Known As: psychobabble

Postby Mackrick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:23 pm

While things now look good we still need to think about the future. At a quoted £1.6 million per year everyone need to think about next year NOW. While I hope that all the pledges are honoured there is always a risk that this may not be so. The pledge scheme need to continue to run to allow for this. Next year is a new year but need to thought about straight away and not left to the last minute. Lets hope that the Trust think about this. Congratulation to everyone for all the hard work. In the meantime I wait to send my money in.
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede
Mackrick

Postby Saracenman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:07 pm

well, as I've come to expect these days, I've had an almost instant response from an email sent to Michael Trotter.

after a weekend to catch his/our breath, he remains committed to the future and is ready to forge ahead from the beginning of next week!

one point he included is to immediately engage the the involvement of "all our key stakeholders" (aka we Club members and supporters) to secure all aspects of 558's immediate and long-term future.

i have no doubt that Michael has no intention of taking his foot off the 'gas pedal' for one second! :ymapplause:

sm
Lunchtime! ImageImage
Saracenman
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress

Also Known As: Nobody

Postby Mackrick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 pm

Fantastic news SM :)
Mackrick

Postby MadNaddy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:31 pm

Saracenman wrote:well, as I've come to expect these days, I've had an almost instant response from an email sent to Michael Trotter.

after a weekend to catch his/our breath, he remains committed to the future and is ready to forge ahead from the beginning of next week!

one point he included is to immediately engage the the involvement of "all our key stakeholders" (aka we Club members and supporters) to secure all aspects of 558's immediate and long-term future.

i have no doubt that Michael has no intention of taking his foot off the 'gas pedal' for one second! :ymapplause:

sm

Great to hear! It's reassuring that we have someone who's seen to be proactive and who is also listening AND noticing that the club are willing and able to help this project along.
Image Image
MadNaddy

Also Known As: psychobabble

Postby Nickolas » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:43 pm

Mayfly wrote:My point is I dont think it is just the trustees that are at fault they like the aircrew all have day jobs - the management at B/T have to get a grip, they are involved all day every day, with no other employment causing distractions [at least that I know of].

I stated a few days ago the the BBC now post all breaking news on the website before they feature it on TV news programmes - likewise it was stated on Wed ITV are cut 600 jobs because they have lost advertising revenue to the internet, THAT speaks volumes

If they dont have the time or interest to update the website - get someone who has - I know there have been many offers of help all ignored.

Nail on head again MF.

The Trustees control the Trust managrement and they inturn control those at Brunty.

There might need to be a night of the long knives that is by no means personal but based purely on a commercial need.

This is now WAY beyond a group of well intended (using the next word with the best of intentions but I'm going to upset someone somewhere) amateurs, we need a management that are skilled in running display aircraft..........
The Engineers are the ones that manage the aircraft no one tells them how to do it because they have been trained and have the necessary skills. Do the management have the necessary skills to fulfill the required functions??
Last edited by Nickolas on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nickolas
Airbus A380
Airbus A380

Postby Mackrick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Nice post Nickolas. Was there not an offer to look after the display arrangements a while ago but it came with a price tag ?
Mackrick

Postby Nickolas » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:57 pm

Mackrick wrote:Nice post Nickolas. Was there not an offer to look after the display arrangements a while ago but it came with a price tag ?

Yes, I believe that The Blades were in the frame for that but as you state, nothing came of it.
Nickolas
Airbus A380
Airbus A380

Postby Mackrick » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:59 pm

Shame really ...I know it costs but if you want the best you have to pay for it but there must be a happy medium out there somewhere.
Mackrick

Postby Mayfly » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:30 pm

Total revamp of this post as it was written in the heat of the moment ...........

Nick I agree the engineers do not need to be told how to service the aircraft & like wise the aircrew do not need to be told how to arrange the flying side of air displays they are more than capable, so with that in mind you don't need to 'employ' anyone. Indeed DT's new job at Waddington is the flying display co-ordinator.

The Trust/club have been attending airshows with their trailer/stall for a number of years now, so again should be more than capable of making the arrangements for the club trailer & the Vulcan Village if it ever gets off the ground.

when I mentioned the management need to get a grip I was referring to the website & acknowledging the impact of it & keeping the supporters onside & fund raising to stop the boom & bust cycle
Last edited by Mayfly on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mayfly

Postby Nickolas » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:31 pm

Mayfly wrote:Total revamp of this post as it was written in the heat of the moment ...........

Nick I agree the engineers do not need to be told how to service the aircraft & like wise the aircrew do not need to be told how to arrange the flying side of air displays they are more than capable, so with that in mind you don't need to 'employ' anyone.

The Trust/club have been attending airshows with their trailer/stall for a number of years now, so again should be more than capable of making the arrangments for the clubtrailer & the Vulcan Village if it ever gets off the ground.

when I mentioned the management need to get a grip I was refering to the website & acknowledging the impact of it & keeping the supporters onside & fund raising to stop the boom & bust cycle

heat of what moment................anything happen today then????????????

Pam you are spot on.
Nickolas
Airbus A380
Airbus A380

Postby Mayfly » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:35 pm

no Nick I saw red mist when you said

we need a management that are skilled in running display aircraft

the Trust already have that..............

but you'lll be pleased to know I've calmed down now :D & put my stick away =))

Mayfly

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Vulcan