la grand boucle

All sports discussion. WARNING: Result spoilers possibile in all threads!

la grand boucle

Postby Frenchphenix » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:19 pm

I don't hnow if you use the same expression , "la grand boucle" signify tour de france.

the tour de france 2014 start today to leeds in england (I remenber to a tour de france start to trafalgar square, fuking rosbeef we should you luck in a flat, cold and rainy island :D ) and rest tree day in your country. seeing that the tour cross your contry and that a british is favorit (chris froom) , I'm interest to know if you are interest by the competition.
Frenchphenix
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Re: la grand boucle

Postby Sickbag_andy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:36 am

I love it!
I spend hours watching it on TV every year but tomorrow I will see the real thing as stage 3 is coming through my village (Rayne, Essex) and right past my house! Looks like it will be packed out so I may go out of the village and along the route for a mile or two on my bike to see more than a flash of lycra going by. There is a nice straight piece of road for about a mile so will see about 2 or 3 minutes of it that way!
Andy G, Vulcan supporter and plane crazy
Sickbag_andy
Lockheed F-104 Starfighter
Lockheed F-104 Starfighter

Also Known As: andy-golfer

Postby Frenchphenix » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm surpris by the number of people on the road , today the two last climb (climb of catergory 5, the lowest category) look like the the alpes d huez.
in other side it's the only sport where you can be at two meter of the best champion. I'm remember to a years the dauphine libere (like the the tour de france in one week in the alpes and rhone valley) cross at 100m of my home I have look the face contador at 50cm because I was in the indoor of a turn and he took the shorter path.

for look the peloton (I don't know if you use the same word) in ardeche we have the mountain , in the top turn you can look the biker climb and cross near to you "slowly" .
Frenchphenix
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby RLN » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:08 pm

Only watched it because it was in God's Own County. Won't bother anymore. I-)
RLN

Postby Mayfly » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:23 pm

I watch it, I love to see it - in fact I love al cycling [watching it!!!!] be in on the road or velodrome.

If it hadn't have been Waddington air show week end we would have gone up there.
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Frenchphenix » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:54 pm

I have forget that you are good in velodrome cycling . in france the velodrome cycling is not famous , I had discover these sport during the olympic game of london for the silver medal of bryan coquard (a friend of a friend) and I'm surpris to relook bryan coquart in the tour de france (for europe car ,yesteday, for the first stage he arrive 4 after had cross near to the follow of cavendish, a other velodrome cycler)
Frenchphenix
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby Mayfly » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Yes we are quite strong in all forms of cycling - I haven't yet seen any but hope to catch up tomorrow
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Return to Grandstand