A very costly punch up

All sports discussion. WARNING: Result spoilers possibile in all threads!

A very costly punch up

Postby Hungry Haggis » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:30 pm

Did he deserve this punishment or is he a hothead.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16810585
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
Hungry Haggis
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Re: A very costly punch up

Postby Hihonyr8811 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:10 pm

I've been following this since it happened last year, also been a fan of his for a while.

I think the punishment was harsh to be honest, they asked for 1 year suspended and gave him 18 months. It feels to me like the judge is making an example of Sutil because he is an(ex) F1 driver. But them I guess the court has more info than me about the incident.
it just seems like a really odd situation to me. Both parties seemed to be at fault at first, Lux for intimidating Sutil after his lady friend spilt a drink in Adrian's lap and Adrian got mad at her so she ran to tell Lux to kick him out of the VIP area and that's when it all kicked off (allegedly from all the bits I'm reading). What Adrian should have done at that point is leave when Lux told him to and ignored any goading that may or may not have happened.

Adrian has been open from the start, he fully admitted to injuring Lux accidentally and apologised numerous times (allegedly) but because Lux had already filed a criminal complaint against him in May it didn't matter.

I'm sad for Adrian :( , I think that stupid stupid mistake has probably cost him his F1 career, which is a shame as I've always said he's a talented driver.
I hope it isn't the end, but he said he's taking time out to reconsider what he does next. Given a top team I think he could have been a top talent.
I don't think he is hotheaded, he doesn't come across as that way, but then I don't know him, I'm just going on observations and my very good judge of character.

And before anyone thinks I'm sticking up for Sutil because I'm a fan of his, I've been in Eric Lux's place (all be it not as serious) some girl was dancing and waving her arms around in a club in Lincoln when I used to go out and she whacked me round the head with her glass bottle. It was obviously an accident in my case and she was very apologetic and luckily the bottle didn't brake but I had one hell of a lump. Maybe I should have sued =)) =))
Hihonyr8811
Airbus A380
Airbus A380

Also Known As: Lincoln, Hiho, Helen

Postby Hungry Haggis » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:26 pm

The girlfriend of in those circles a powerful man !! Gets in the way of some liquid chucks a strop and goes running to complain (or was it stir up trouble )don't know was not there but seems likely .I did ask if the punishment fitted the crime ,Not sure it did in more ways than one Get fined maybe but get replaced in his seat ??Or was that in the wind anyway .All press make a big thing out of what should have been a minor incident but then in the world of F1 nothing turns out as a minor incident does it.
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
Hungry Haggis

Postby Xplumberlives » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 pm

Should have been longer! :-o
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress

Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Postby Nickolas » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:33 pm

These are the sort of fines that should be meted out to the shit bags up and down the county. :D :D
Chief Constable of the Forum Police
Proud parent of Tom.com & King Willy.
Chairman of 309 (Sawbridgeworth) Sqn Association Committee
Owner of Stanley Schnauzer....
Nickolas
Airbus A380
Airbus A380

Also Known As: Dad to Cllr TDC

Return to Grandstand