Football!

All sports discussion. WARNING: Result spoilers possibile in all threads!

Football!

Postby Dee » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:20 am

Football!! I cant see anyone posting about football! What is wrong with you all ;)
Anyway being as im stopping in IA or until i upset anyone else and get thrown out ;) im going to post about my favourite sport!
Starting with the rare quality that isnt very prominant in this sport today. Roberto Martinez is staying at Wigan!!He decided to not take the Villa job and continue with Wigan. Good on him i say!! :)
Im hoping United (my Team) sign Ashley Young and that the rumours are true that we are close to getting Sami Nasri from Arsenal too!!! :D
Dee
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Re: Football!

Postby Xplumberlives » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:56 am

Dee wrote: I cant see anyone posting about football! What is wrong with you all?

Do you really want us to answer that question? :D
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress

Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Postby Nickolas » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 am

There is nothing wrong with us, that's WHY we don't post anything about football.

Definition:

Football, a gentleman's game played by hooligans where as rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen.

(Bloody over rated hooligans too if you ask me).
Chief Constable of the Forum Police
Proud parent of Tom.com & King Willy.
Chairman of 309 (Sawbridgeworth) Sqn Association Committee
Owner of Stanley Schnauzer....
Nickolas
Airbus A380
Airbus A380

Also Known As: Dad to Cllr TDC

Postby Xplumberlives » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:01 am

Vastly overpaid! ;)
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby Nickolas » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:05 am

Still can't work out why this bunch of overrated, over paid primadonas are exalted more than our armed services. ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x(
Chief Constable of the Forum Police
Proud parent of Tom.com & King Willy.
Chairman of 309 (Sawbridgeworth) Sqn Association Committee
Owner of Stanley Schnauzer....
Nickolas
Airbus A380
Airbus A380

Also Known As: Dad to Cllr TDC

Postby Xplumberlives » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:08 am

Nickolas wrote:Still can't work out why this bunch of overrated, over paid primadonas are exalted more than our armed services. ~x( ~x( ~x( ~x(

Because this country has over the last decade or so become completely pre-occupied with "CELEBRITY"!

Many of these IDIOTS are FAMOUS for being FAMOUS!
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby Donnus » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:33 am

dont get me wrong football players are very good at what they do. But its the way they carry on off the pitch that makes them into overpaid self loving c**ks.
god rest the v force !
Donnus
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby Hungry Haggis » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:50 am

Why don't I/we post about Football .Can't really add to much more on the above .It's overrated/overpaid/oversexed/overacted/overexposed and not at all interesting ,whoever thought up that expresion "beutiful game there is nothing beutifull about it they fall down at the slightest breeze and cry if anyone comes near them with a ball they run away if they score(with the other players wife or girlfriend they crow about it ) a goal they act like pratts ,need i say more. Oh and they go for super injunctions but everyone knows anyway so what the point .

Edit
This is wholy my own opinion no one elses .If anyone is offended by my view I do appologise here and now .( no footballs were hurt in this post ).Wrong thread I know but why do i personally like motor racing but hate F1 .Apart from the fact my wifes cousin is designer to McCLaren Reason i don't say much on that thread . It boils down to choice really No one has put up a thread about football but don't ask me why .
Last edited by Hungry Haggis on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
Hungry Haggis

Postby Mayfly » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:58 am

I only enjoy watching England and most of the time thats a waste of time!! :))
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby RLN » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Gentlemen, I'm surprised at you. I thought this was a tolerant forum! Why bully and browbeat Dee just because she dares to mention football; that's going to encourage others to speak up, isn't it? It's not the footballer's fault that they are paid so much - you want to win, you pay the money to get the best, although I agree that they are paid silly money. Some would say I am overpaid for pushing a few buttons - but I am good :p
I remember Rugby union players not being paid; the very reason Rugby League was formed, and cricketers being paid a pittance. Now the best of these are multi-millionaires, so it isn't just football. Racing drivers get silly amounts too, but at least footballers (who play for English teams) live in this country and pay taxes, unlike Lewis Hamilton et al, who go and live in Monaco or Switzerland.
If you don't agree with something, it isn't necessary to jump down a person's throat.
RLN

Postby Hungry Haggis » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Who us never I personally follow the oval ball game never did like balls of foot couldn't stand it at school some half a century ago.Yes she's entitled to talk about football but unfortunately seems to only have replies from the non beautiful (HAHAHA) game ,hooligans. =)) =)) =)) =)) .Go for it Dee they don't really bite that hard .
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
Hungry Haggis

Postby Aceyone » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:31 pm

Nope ,have to say I love football,playing and watching ,of course in some ways it's a joke but isn't everything really ?
I would certainly rather a good footie match than The X Factor/Price is right celebrity wot not type rubbish any day of the week :p
Take only photographs,leave only footprints .
Aceyone
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress

Postby Xplumberlives » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:47 pm

RLN wrote:Gentlemen, I'm surprised at you. I thought this was a tolerant forum! Why bully and browbeat Dee just because she dares to mention football; that's going to encourage others to speak up, isn't it? It's not the footballer's fault that they are paid so much - you want to win, you pay the money to get the best, although I agree that they are paid silly money. Some would say I am overpaid for pushing a few buttons - but I am good :p
I remember Rugby union players not being paid; the very reason Rugby League was formed, and cricketers being paid a pittance. Now the best of these are multi-millionaires, so it isn't just football. Racing drivers get silly amounts too, but at least footballers (who play for English teams) live in this country and pay taxes, unlike Lewis Hamilton et al, who go and live in Monaco or Switzerland.
If you don't agree with something, it isn't necessary to jump down a person's throat.

Sir, I feel you doth protest too much, Dee asked her question and as a FREE SPEECH FORUM, various people posted their feelings, can't have it BOTH WAYS!
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby RLN » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm all for people posting their opinions, but I took what you chaps said to be attacking and threatening which I won't tolerate. Your comments weren't meant that way, I know; but it came across that way to me. I disagree with a lot of things that are said on this forum, but i don't get in people's faces about it. Maybe it's the way i was brought up. Maybe it's the way people express themselves.
RLN

Postby Xplumberlives » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:44 pm

RLN wrote:I'm all for people posting their opinions, but I took what you chaps said to be attacking and threatening which I won't tolerate. Your comments weren't meant that way, I know; but it came across that way to me. I disagree with a lot of things that are said on this forum, but i don't get in people's faces about it. Maybe it's the way i was brought up. Maybe it's the way people express themselves.

Still can't have it BOTH WAYS though!
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby RLN » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:02 pm

Oh yes I can. There are ways of doing things that don't get people's backs up, yet get the point across. The way you chaps nay-sayed dee smacked of the "other side".
RLN

Postby Xplumberlives » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:12 pm

RLN wrote:Oh yes I can. There are ways of doing things that don't get people's backs up, yet get the point across. The way you chaps nay-sayed dee smacked of the "other side".

And if you read back through this thread, every post can probably be taken as light hearted banter or bullying and browbeating, threatening and attacking (your words, not mine). I'd plump for the former!

But, if Dee is offended by anything I have posted I will whole heartedly apologise as that was not my intention nor I would summise that of any of the other posters.
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby Dee » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:18 am

HHHmmmm right then.
Dee

Postby Mayfly » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:17 pm

I know why I don't care for football in general. It stems from having a brother 5 years older than me and a father who thought there was nothing else on TV at weekends. Grandstand Saturday afternoons, results late afternoon highlights in the evenings. Sunday Match of the day. It use to drive me crazy. Then of course the mid week games - arghhhhh!!! as a teenager with only one TV in the house as was normal in those days, it's hardly surprising I spent most of my time in my bedroom. :(

As far as what they are paid - supply and demand! I think it's silly money compared to those who are prepared to lay down their life for their own and other countries but that's the way of the world. You can say the same for actors. Doesn't mean I'm right just my opinion.

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Jigsaw » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Dee wrote:HHHmmmm right then.

I love a good game of football. Have been a City supporter all my life thanks to my dad taking me to Main Rd from about the age of four. I agree the players are overpaid but, if someone offered me silly money to do my job I would be daft to say no. Bring on next season Dee ;)
God created man because a vibrator can't mow the lawn!

Jigsaw
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Postby Mayfly » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:24 am

Did anyone see the Womens England match against France yesterday? I only saw the extra time and they looked knackered.

Shame to lose out on penalties again. :(

Mayfly

Postby Xplumberlives » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:40 am

Why would anyone want to watch womens football?
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby RLN » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:05 am

Thighs.
RLN

Postby Xplumberlives » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:48 am

RLN wrote:Thighs.

You obviously prefer the MUSCULAR type of women, I take it Sophie doesn't take after her mother then! :D
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Postby Jigsaw » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Mayfly wrote:Did anyone see the Womens England match against France yesterday? I only saw the extra time and they looked knackered.

Shame to lose out on penalties again. :(

They made a very good game of it. You are right, it is a shame (as always) to lose on penalties.
God created man because a vibrator can't mow the lawn!

Jigsaw
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Next

Return to Grandstand