BTCC 2010

All sports discussion. WARNING: Result spoilers possibile in all threads!

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Xplumberlives » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Sooty655 wrote:He's off to join another prat show

And I am sure he will FIT IN right away! ;)
With the OTHER CASTOFFS! :-o
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress

Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Postby Spitfire » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:43 pm

He admitted Collins' actions had 'shocked' and 'hurt' him, adding: 'It was horrible actually, because I liked him and he came round to my house and had drinks and all that time he was writing a book.'

But Collins argues that as Clarkson and his fellow presenters have profited from the programme, he should be allowed to also.

I agree

'I'd been The Stig for seven years and felt loyalty should pull in both directions,' he said recently.

I agree

'I feel they resented me for putting my head over the parapet. They wanted me to know my place.'

I bet they did

With Collins' move to Channel Five, speculation is mounting over what will become of The Stig character.

'Trust me, we have many, many thousands of people queuing up to be whatever it is we create,' Clarkson revealed.

Arrogant git .... WE CREATE ... and I can't stand people who say 'Trust me' X( X(

'I've spent the last three weeks doing nothing but trying to work out what to do instead'.

So you're not very busy then - what a hard job you have .... Git ...... wish I could spend 3 weeks with a biro and a worried expression thinking of what to do next :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Contracts are all very fair if they are not one sided - ok so he may have been wise to perhaps try and get a contract variation after 7 years loyalty - but would the BBC have given it ... I doubt it.
I still say good for him and stuff the stupid prats on TG with their heads up each others arses in adulation of their own non existent talents :p :p
Spitfire
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Postby Xplumberlives » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:46 pm

Did you hope to be the NEW STIG then? =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives

Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Postby Spitfire » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:10 pm

There's not a racing suit big enough for Michelin Spitfire =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I went out door karting in Hayle with my daughters step kids this summer and they hadn't got a suit big enough there either - the velcro up the front kept splitting open =)) =)) =))

And I had to take my glasses off as they kept steaming up in the visor :p :p So I was pretty much driving blind ..... but I still beat them :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Photographic evidence I hear you say ...............

Michelin Man Stig

Michelin Man Stig - before going blind

Spitfire
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Postby RLN » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:36 pm

TBH, I love Top Gear and I can't think of a better job. Paid to prat about and drive nice cars - that'll do me.
RLN

Postby Spitfire » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Now come on - make your mind up - do you want to be a fighter pilot..... or a prat on Top Gear......

There's no pleasing some people :D :D
Spitfire
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Postby RLN » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:11 pm

Both :p
RLN

Postby Hungry Haggis » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Not been here for a bit dragging back on topic until the next relapse :p .thats one result for RML the Chevi Cruze and Jason Plato,who we hear is looking to move on into Le-mans racing among others not sure if he will be back to defend the title next year.The other is the WTCC Cruz team are looking at the last 2 meetings of the season in Japan and Macao the way it looks id they could very possibly pull the world touring car title as well along with the manufacturer title.

http://www.rmlmallock.co.uk/web/News
http://www.btccpages.com/
http://www.btcc.net/html/home.php
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
Hungry Haggis
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Postby RLN » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Glad Plato won the title. Was at work today, so I couldn't watch the races. Good for your son, too. Watched the last round when they had to rebuild Plato's car for the second race. Amazing stuff. Real racing, F1 take note. Thanks for the update HH.
RLN

Previous

Return to Grandstand