BTCC 2010

All sports discussion. WARNING: Result spoilers possibile in all threads!

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Hungry Haggis » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:14 am

As it happens Son has now moved over from WTCC to BTCC as No1 for Jason Plato .Hmmm Rob Huff is gona be pleased I don't think .
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
User avatar
Hungry Haggis
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Cluny » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:09 pm

Just waiting for my weekend tickets to arrive ;)
Image
Rain God Mod
User avatar
Cluny
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: Bicester
Also Known As: Blizzard the watcher

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Xplumberlives » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Enjoy!
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
User avatar
Xplumberlives
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
 
Posts: 41159
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: Close to a former Harrier Airfield
Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Hungry Haggis » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:46 pm

OH Poo if wasn't moving that weekend would have pit lane view of 558 doing her stuff as hear she is booked to appear.
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
User avatar
Hungry Haggis
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Hungry Haggis » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Thats my boy about 2:20 in .He just let me know it has just gone up or if this don't work youtube put meet the mechanics in search is the first one that comes up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQd6mq01MU
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
User avatar
Hungry Haggis
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Jigsaw » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Hungry Haggis wrote:Thats my boy about 2:20 in .He just let me know it has just gone up or if this don't work youtube put meet the mechanics in search is the first one that comes up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAQd6mq01MU


Well done that man :ymapplause:
God created man because a vibrator can't mow the lawn!

Image
User avatar
Jigsaw
Boeing 747
Boeing 747
 
Posts: 6455
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:58 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Xplumberlives » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:57 am

Nice to put a face to a name!
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
User avatar
Xplumberlives
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
 
Posts: 41159
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: Close to a former Harrier Airfield
Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Hungry Haggis » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:45 am

Xplumberlives wrote:Nice to put a face to a name!



his name is Paul and he thinks he has a storng Jock accent .Personally if I had his tallent I'd have really enjoyed doing what he does .Anyone need an engine change normal Garages i believe 8+ hours lazy buggers that lot less than an hour from into garage to back on track in 10 years in the job he has only ever screwd up once where the flywheel bolts had been left out in the heat of an engine change at the track OOOPPPPSS.
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
User avatar
Hungry Haggis
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
 
Posts: 1708
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Cluny » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:28 am

TodaysYesterdays action ;)
Image
Rain God Mod
User avatar
Cluny
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: Bicester
Also Known As: Blizzard the watcher

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Hihonyr8811 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Wish I'd gone now :(
I did think about it, but we have to look after mums friends cats this weekend ~x( :(( :(( so we couldn't :((

Oh well, I'm watching on ITV4. Not many people in the stands.
User avatar
Hihonyr8811
Airbus A380
Airbus A380
 
Posts: 3784
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Lincoln
Also Known As: Lincoln, Hiho, Helen

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Cluny » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Hihonyr8811 wrote:Wish I'd gone now :(
I did think about it, but we have to look after mums friends cats this weekend ~x( :(( :(( so we couldn't :((

Oh well, I'm watching on ITV4. Not many people in the stands.

Not on the pit straight because you cant see bugger all [plus climbing up the steps is mega scary :-o , il show you in a couple of weeks :ymdevil: ] , the rest that were open were packed .

Oh and you should of done , cats can fend for themselves [-x
Image
Rain God Mod
User avatar
Cluny
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: Bicester
Also Known As: Blizzard the watcher

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Hihonyr8811 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:30 pm

I bet it was better live.
I got sick of the adverts so recorded it and went off to feed the cats (I'm being paid so can't complain too much :)) )and see the Dak and Lanc get back to Coningsby :D

I don't do steep steps =)) =))
Ah that reminds me, negotiations have to be done with the taxi driver =))
I'd forgotten about that ;) =))
User avatar
Hihonyr8811
Airbus A380
Airbus A380
 
Posts: 3784
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Lincoln
Also Known As: Lincoln, Hiho, Helen

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Cluny » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:16 am

My view of race 1 ;)


And race 2 + 3 ;)
Image
Rain God Mod
User avatar
Cluny
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: Bicester
Also Known As: Blizzard the watcher

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Cluny » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:50 pm

Some say he is scared of Ducks and that he can smell corners .
All I know is , the Stig [ex if the rumours are true] is joining the BTCC grid for the final 3 races next weekend ;)
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2148
Shame Il be at Duxford :(
Image
Rain God Mod
User avatar
Cluny
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: Bicester
Also Known As: Blizzard the watcher

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Xplumberlives » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:13 pm

Cluny wrote:Some say he is scared of Ducks and that he can smell corners .
All I know is , the Stig [ex if the rumours are true] is joining the BTCC grid for the final 3 races next weekend ;)
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2148
Shame Il be at Duxford :(



Well after biting the hand that feeds him he has to earn money to pay his bills! ;)
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
User avatar
Xplumberlives
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
 
Posts: 41159
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: Close to a former Harrier Airfield
Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Spitfire » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Good for him :ymapplause: :ymapplause: ....Poor old Mr C ...the overblown tw@ts earn bucketloads of cash by being prats and making comments about 'The Stig' but he tries to make a bit of money on the side to boost what I suspect is a mere fraction of the tw@ts salaries and he's pilloried X( X(

So anyway the Stig is dead - long live the Stig - we've had Black Stig & White Stig .... what colour next :p :p

Puke Green Stig B-)
User avatar
Spitfire
Boeing 747
Boeing 747
 
Posts: 5188
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:06 am
Location: Hayle, SW Cornwall

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Xplumberlives » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:43 am

Spitfire wrote:Good for him :ymapplause: :ymapplause: ....Poor old Mr C ...the overblown tw@ts earn bucketloads of cash by being prats and making comments about 'The Stig' but he tries to make a bit of money on the side to boost what I suspect is a mere fraction of the tw@ts salaries and he's pilloried X( X(

So anyway the Stig is dead - long live the Stig - we've had Black Stig & White Stig .... what colour next :p :p

Puke Green Stig B-)



What a shame Ben Collins chose to forget about the clause in his contract detailing his anonymity, wrote a book in order to spill the beans and grab some cash, took the BBC to court and won and then wonders why they fired him!

I wonder if he is considering suing for WRONGFUL DISMISSAL? :-o :p
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
User avatar
Xplumberlives
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
 
Posts: 41159
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: Close to a former Harrier Airfield
Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Olicat » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:55 pm

it is getting a bit over the top really, he shouldnt've done that because top gear wont be the same without a stig...
Fly fast jets and/or C130s over my house please, I'm bored!

BUCCANEER TO THE SKY!
User avatar
Olicat
Lockheed Constellation
Lockheed Constellation
 
Posts: 4462
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: That way! ↓
Also Known As: Bullet

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Spitfire » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Olicat wrote:it is getting a bit over the top really, he shouldnt've done that because top gear wont be the same without a stig...


So ok then Oli - Me and XPL and Jiggy have a TV show .... we have no actual talent at all ... we make our money being irreverent ... being silly ... and just generally being boorish blokes .....from here on in we are known as The Prats.
In the show - because I am the biggest prat I earn £1,000,000 - XPL and Jiggy aren't quite as pratty so they earn a mere £500,000 each. But I say they have to wear silly clothes and have daft haircuts so I look better than them.

Now on that show we employ you - you are VERY VERY talented at what you do - you have more talent in your little finger than all 3 of us put together ... SO - we opt to keep your identity secret and pay you £10,000 and give you lots of stick - make you look silly - make jokes about you - but we have also cleverly inserted a clause in your contract saying you must remain silent at all times and wear a hood over your head so no one can see who you are in case your talent outshines ours and you become more famous than us. BUT you must still be good at your job and help to make us look good at all times by being nice to our pratty friends and helping them by using your talent.

You are extremley good at your job - the TV show really shines because of you - but of course we take all the credit and the extra money because the show is more successful...... I then get another £500,000 and the other 2 get an extra £200,000 each ... but we only give you an extra £2,000 and tell you how lucky you are to be connected with us on our brilliant show and just go on being good - and quiet :(

One day you get a bit fed up with this arrangement - you see that the TV show makes money hand over fist on merchandising that depicts you in your hood because you are so talented - of course you don't get a penny of this income - that goes to the company that pays the 3 prats their huge salaries.

So - you decide to write a book about what fun its been being a talented person on this show - in the meantime the 3 prats have written countless worthless books each about being non-entities and made huge amounts more in royalties. Your book is your only one - if you are very lucky you might make a 1/10 th of the money we prats make from our worthless books - and you feel justified in trying to earn a little extra from the fame you've brought the show - this means upsetting the prats by actually showing who you really are and that you are in fact more talented than they will ever be.

This upsets the apple cart on the show and everyone is very annoyed ... but you know - having been employed to replace another poor talented person who preceded you - that the prats and their bosses will consider you expendable and employ another talented person and make him do the same as you and throw you away like yesterdays newspaper and go on being prats and getting loads of unwarranted money with not a skip in their heart beat.......

So now that old newspaper is you - do you feel you shouldn't have done it - do you think you wont be replaced - and do you think the prats give a damn about you ...... :D

Good for Ben Collins I say ... hope he makes pots of money now ....Top Gear will continue .... Stig will return in a new guise as he did before (but lets hope he has a better contract :p ) .....and the money making will continue.... and unfortunately it'll all go to the prats.

Its not about anything other than the modern cult of 'celebrity' .... you as a non-celebrity (outside of your hood) are totally expendable and fully replaceable .... don't feel sorry for Top Gear ..... feel sorry for Ben Collins B-)

Do you understand that a bit better now .... :D :p
User avatar
Spitfire
Boeing 747
Boeing 747
 
Posts: 5188
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:06 am
Location: Hayle, SW Cornwall

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Xplumberlives » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:22 am

Ben Collins accepted the details of his contract, he should have kept to them!

I would be very surprised if he can find a way of making much money now, he always wanted to be an F1 driver but started too late. Can't see him becoming anything more than a minor celebrity, opening supermarkets and village fetes.

His Motor Racing firm has been losing money like a sieve for several years now, I think that might have turned him GREEDY!
Last edited by Xplumberlives on Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
User avatar
Xplumberlives
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
 
Posts: 41159
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: Close to a former Harrier Airfield
Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Sooty655 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:39 am

He's off to join another prat show
Sooty

One Olympus 301 has twice the power of a complete F1 starting grid.
XM655 has four of them, all serviceable.
When we make noise, WE MAKE NOIZE ! !
User avatar
Sooty655
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 pm
Location: Weedon, Northants

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Olicat » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Spitfire wrote:
Olicat wrote:it is getting a bit over the top really, he shouldnt've done that because top gear wont be the same without a stig...


So ok then Oli - Me and XPL and Jiggy have a TV show .... we have no actual talent at all ... we make our money being irreverent ... being silly ... and just generally being boorish blokes .....from here on in we are known as The Prats.
In the show - because I am the biggest prat I earn £1,000,000 - XPL and Jiggy aren't quite as pratty so they earn a mere £500,000 each. But I say they have to wear silly clothes and have daft haircuts so I look better than them.

Now on that show we employ you - you are VERY VERY talented at what you do - you have more talent in your little finger than all 3 of us put together ... SO - we opt to keep your identity secret and pay you £10,000 and give you lots of stick - make you look silly - make jokes about you - but we have also cleverly inserted a clause in your contract saying you must remain silent at all times and wear a hood over your head so no one can see who you are in case your talent outshines ours and you become more famous than us. BUT you must still be good at your job and help to make us look good at all times by being nice to our pratty friends and helping them by using your talent.

You are extremley good at your job - the TV show really shines because of you - but of course we take all the credit and the extra money because the show is more successful...... I then get another £500,000 and the other 2 get an extra £200,000 each ... but we only give you an extra £2,000 and tell you how lucky you are to be connected with us on our brilliant show and just go on being good - and quiet :(

One day you get a bit fed up with this arrangement - you see that the TV show makes money hand over fist on merchandising that depicts you in your hood because you are so talented - of course you don't get a penny of this income - that goes to the company that pays the 3 prats their huge salaries.

So - you decide to write a book about what fun its been being a talented person on this show - in the meantime the 3 prats have written countless worthless books each about being non-entities and made huge amounts more in royalties. Your book is your only one - if you are very lucky you might make a 1/10 th of the money we prats make from our worthless books - and you feel justified in trying to earn a little extra from the fame you've brought the show - this means upsetting the prats by actually showing who you really are and that you are in fact more talented than they will ever be.

This upsets the apple cart on the show and everyone is very annoyed ... but you know - having been employed to replace another poor talented person who preceded you - that the prats and their bosses will consider you expendable and employ another talented person and make him do the same as you and throw you away like yesterdays newspaper and go on being prats and getting loads of unwarranted money with not a skip in their heart beat.......

So now that old newspaper is you - do you feel you shouldn't have done it - do you think you wont be replaced - and do you think the prats give a damn about you ...... :D

Good for Ben Collins I say ... hope he makes pots of money now ....Top Gear will continue .... Stig will return in a new guise as he did before (but lets hope he has a better contract :p ) .....and the money making will continue.... and unfortunately it'll all go to the prats.

Its not about anything other than the modern cult of 'celebrity' .... you as a non-celebrity (outside of your hood) are totally expendable and fully replaceable .... don't feel sorry for Top Gear ..... feel sorry for Ben Collins B-)

Do you understand that a bit better now .... :D :p


no us young'uns get bored after the first 2 paragraphs.
we also enjoy top gear
Fly fast jets and/or C130s over my house please, I'm bored!

BUCCANEER TO THE SKY!
User avatar
Olicat
Lockheed Constellation
Lockheed Constellation
 
Posts: 4462
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: That way! ↓
Also Known As: Bullet

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Sooty655 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Olicat wrote:no us young'uns get bored after the first 2 paragraphs.
we also enjoy top gear

I wonder if those two facts might be related in some way. :-?
Sooty

One Olympus 301 has twice the power of a complete F1 starting grid.
XM655 has four of them, all serviceable.
When we make noise, WE MAKE NOIZE ! !
User avatar
Sooty655
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 pm
Location: Weedon, Northants

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby RLN » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Understand what you are saying, SF. But he broke his contract terms. As for driving for Fifth Gear, who watches it? i stopped when they employed that annoying woman who squealed more than her tyres.
User avatar
RLN
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 15709
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: BTCC 2010

Postby Mayfly » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Just proves contracts are not worth the paper they are written on - if didn't like it he shouldn't have signed it - but I suspect at the time it was the best deal he was likely to get.
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
User avatar
Mayfly
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 29719
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: Bomber County

PreviousNext

Return to Grandstand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests