Airfield visits

Information, photos, dates, reviews, Red Arrows, BBMF etc

Airfield visits

Postby Dangerousdave » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:55 pm

I went for a tour round Scampton last year and it was really interesting. Saw the grave of a certain dog although for politically correct reasons I shouldn't say it's name!
We also saw where the Dambusters crews were briefed and where parts of the film were shot. Also got to look in the hanger where the Lancs were kept prior to the raid. It was really hot, the weather was brill and we also saw the Reds cars parked in their own parking spaces.
Also recently visited RAF Digby too. I'm hoping to go on a few more if anyone is interested in coming along. I have been to Coningsby, Waddington, Cranwell and a few others for work but am hoping to get a more 'behind the scenes' look.
I'm in a group of aviation enthusiasts and there are always new visits being planned if anyone is interested.
A couple of weeks ago I also took my second overnight visit to RAF Holmpton, which is a former nuclear bunker (but that was to look for dead people, not aircraft)!
Dangerousdave
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin

Also Known As: dangerousdave

Re: Airfield visits

Postby MadNaddy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:13 am

Politically correct? Hmmmmmm
I dont know of anyone being 'shot down' on this forum for naming things on this forum. Thanks for the thought Dave but, seeing as I have NO idea who/what you meant please add names etc to your posts so I personally can follow, as I am as interested in all the details as everyone else :D Pretty please with a cherry on the top.

Yeah - info on your travels to these places would be good..... I'm sure a few would be very interested in joining you
Image Image
MadNaddy
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Also Known As: psychobabble

Postby Prometheus » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:41 pm

Naddy, I believe the dogs name was similar to an actors surname, the one that starred in The Terminator ;)
Prometheus
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin

Also Known As: Me

Postby Pujgnie » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Naddy - the clip is available on YouTube.. under The Dambusters, all will be revealed there ;)
Look Mummy.. there's an aeroplane up in the sky.....
Pujgnie

Postby MadNaddy » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:57 am

Thanks guys xxxx
Image Image
MadNaddy

Also Known As: psychobabble

Return to Airfields, Aircrews, Airshows