Miss Demeanour For Sale

Stories and general aviation chat

Miss Demeanour For Sale

Postby Hazzer111 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:12 pm

on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/MissDemeanourO ... 6780510302

Thanks everyone for your messages and sentiments.
Yes, it's true, Miss Demeanour is for sale, although I've not started the adverising yet.
A multitude of reasons but primarily because of her success, she has become too demanding a mistress for a married man. Having got away with it for fifteen years, it's time she found a new toy boy!
I have no idea where she will end up, but from a selfish standpoint, in the hands of someone who wants me to help out with some of the air shows.
Despite rising fuel prices, for the past few years we have been breaking even or making a small surplus on the total cost of ownership. Probably unique in the world of Warbird ownership.
All that in no small way due to the enthusiasm of those who follow her shows and make known how much you enjoy her displays. I'm sorry for not being particularly interactive with Facebook or Twitter, just not enough time what with everything else happening in my life.
Duxford was my last intentional UK air show in Miss Demeanour and an embarrassing fuss was made alongside it being Duxford's 40th Air Show anniversary. (Coincidentally a few weeks after my 40th anniversary of leaving the Fleet Air Arm) In response to all the well wishes, I did say that perhaps like a bad penny or the Rolling Stones, we might be back for another last act!
The upcoming Al Ain airshow is planned as my final actual air show in Miss Demeanour, at least as her owner.
What the future really holds is anyone's guess. I am not giving up display flying but it's time to ease back on the throttle. Annie has been wonderfully understanding for 43 years but living with an addict with a mistress has not been easy, especially one who keeps saying he's cutting down but actually does the reverse year on year.
One of special pleasures technology has brought to me is the superb photos and videos sent to me along side the very kind words of appreciation.
So, to paraphrase Winston Churchill, this is not the end of my relationship with Miss Demeanour but it is the beginning of the end.
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin

Re: Miss Demeanour For Sale

Postby Mayfly » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:34 pm

Will be interesting to see what happens to her.
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Re: Miss Demeanour For Sale

Postby 10680 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:50 pm

I hope Jonathon will keep flying her. He always comes over as someone who loves to show off the aircraft. Also he will do all he can to display. At Bournemouth a couple of years ago, in poor weather when nothing else displayed, he went up and down to report back on the weather and entertain the crowds even though a full display wasn't possible.
My sister can occasionally be persuaded to go to an airshow if Miss Demeanour is booked.
I'd rather be skiing
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Return to Aviation Chat