Pave at Waddington

Stories and general aviation chat

Pave at Waddington

Postby Sploosher » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:43 pm

one of my flickr contacts informs me that there is a pay and view area at Waddington accessed via the A15, does any one here have any info please ;)
Sploosher
BAE Hawk
BAE Hawk

Also Known As: jangor

Re: Pave at Waddington

Postby Mayfly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:58 pm

It's there every year £5 per head per day starts Thursday for the press day and Friday for the arrivals. Monday has always been open for departures but I know the WAVE is open on the Monday so not sure if it's in addition too or instead off. It's not run by the air show office but the station and all proceeds go to the Station Commanders charity fund as far as I am aware.

There are loos and burger/ice cream vans on site. The gates open at 8.00 and the last couple of years they have NOT allowed early access whereas before 2011 you could get in about 6.30.

The entrance is indeed off the A15 and is at the Lincoln end of the airfield.
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Sploosher » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Thanks Mayfly................... :D

I see that 558 is due to arrive on the Friday, any idea what time please........ ;)
Sploosher
BAE Hawk
BAE Hawk

Postby Mayfly » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:56 pm

No and to be honest arrivals timings are very fluid. Unless she does some thing else that day I guess it will 10 minutes after T/O :))

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Jigsaw » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:13 pm

Mayfly wrote:No and to be honest arrivals timings are very fluid. Unless she does some thing else that day I guess it will 10 minutes after T/O :))

=)) =))
God created man because a vibrator can't mow the lawn!

Jigsaw
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Postby Mayfly » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:51 am

Just to add a note to this I was in the air show office yesterday and it has been made plain by the local authorities that will not allow and waiting/parking at the gates to get in. They will issue an on the spot fine of £70.

Sploosh where did you see 558 is arriving on Friday please?

Mayfly

Postby Sploosher » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:55 pm

my flickr contact sent it to me by pm when I asked if he was going to barn farm on the arrivals days, when he mentioned the PAVE.......... ;)

not sure where he got the info though............ :(

I found out that 558 is doing a flypast over a model plane festival in Winteringham on 3rd of August, whihc i may go to as it is less than one hour from me. :)

something that is not apparantly on the VTTS site according to a VTTS forum member [-x
Sploosher
BAE Hawk
BAE Hawk

Return to Aviation Chat