Work experience?

Stories and general aviation chat

Re: Work experience?

Postby Hazzer111 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:56 pm

MOD wrote:Three cheers for Old Rigger. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Faith in human nature restored - well partly anyway. ;)


Good hunting Hazzer.
ibw


:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

Dan4th wrote:It's okay to bite your nails a
little bit
, Hazzer ;)

Many of us have our fingers
crossed on your behalf!


Danf.


I think you mean alot.
Arms legs, please cross everything ;)
User avatar
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Location: Bomber county

Re: Work experience?

Postby Dan4th » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Anything new to report, Hazzer?????????

Danf.
I like to do my planning retroactively!
User avatar
Dan4th
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
 
Posts: 14733
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Bangor, Maine, USA
Also Known As: Token Murkin

Re: Work experience?

Postby Hazzer111 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Dan4th wrote:Anything new to report, Hazzer?????????

Danf.

Still waiting to hear from waddington, east Kirkby don't do work experience anymore, and eastern airways have allready got someone for when mine is :(
User avatar
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Location: Bomber county

Re: Work experience?

Postby Dan4th » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:46 am

Well then, Go Waddo!!!!!!!!!

Got a backup or two?

Hope you don't need one....

Danf.
I like to do my planning retroactively!
User avatar
Dan4th
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
Boeing B-52 Stratofortress
 
Posts: 14733
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Bangor, Maine, USA
Also Known As: Token Murkin

Re: Work experience?

Postby Hazzer111 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Well, I hope waddington reply's. I'm still waiting for emails from the bmmf and xh558 I'll proabbly email them again
User avatar
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Location: Bomber county

Re: Work experience?

Postby Hazzer111 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:48 pm

Does anyone have a contact for Scampton
User avatar
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Location: Bomber county

Re: Work experience?

Postby Old Rigger » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi Harry, I'll get a further update hopefully tomorrow as Rita was off today.

I tried Scampton, but the first three numbers no one answered, so I tried Training flight at Coningsby to see if they have anything in ASF, tried 3 Sqn and again it is if everyone is having an afternoon off, unless they still have Wednesday as sports afternoon, so unless anyone else beats me to it from those two units I will try again tomorrow.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Image
User avatar
Old Rigger
Boeing B-29 Superfortress
Boeing B-29 Superfortress
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:38 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Work experience?

Postby Hazzer111 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:32 pm

Old Rigger wrote:Hi Harry, I'll get a further update hopefully tomorrow as Rita was off today.

I tried Scampton, but the first three numbers no one answered, so I tried Training flight at Coningsby to see if they have anything in ASF, tried 3 Sqn and again it is if everyone is having an afternoon off, unless they still have Wednesday as sports afternoon, so unless anyone else beats me to it from those two units I will try again tomorrow.


OKAY thanks :D :D :D
Last edited by Hazzer111 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Location: Bomber county

Re: Work experience?

Postby MOD » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Hazzer I've just had a thought. Try here http://www.hunterteam.com/contact_hha.htm .

Mike Elliot is the Chief Engineer who fettles Mat Potulski's collection.

ALL their aircraft are ICONIC and Mike is also a member of this site... So mention iconicaircraft.co.uk You never know

- it might help.. ;) BTW Mat's in London and Mike is at Scampton.


ibw
Image
User avatar
MOD
BAE Hawk
BAE Hawk
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:25 pm
Location: Bromsgrove. Worcs. ex East Riding
Also Known As: ibw123Heyfordian etc

Re: Work experience?

Postby Hazzer111 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:07 pm

MOD wrote:Hazzer I've just had a thought. Try here http://www.hunterteam.com/contact_hha.htm .

Mike Elliot is the Chief Engineer who fettles Mat Potulski's collection.

ALL their aircraft are ICONIC and Mike is also a member of this site... So mention iconicaircraft.co.uk You never know

- it might help.. ;) BTW Mat's in London and Mike is at Scampton.


ibw


Okay thanks!!!! :D
User avatar
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Location: Bomber county

Re: Work experience?

Postby Old Rigger » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi Harry, a quick update on here but will e-mail you more specific gen as I get it, this is more to save others trying the likes of Scampton.

Regard RAF Scampton the Red Arrows usually will do work experience but they are busy at the moment, the station itself also has options but this is more fighter control and admin side of a station not aircraft engineering.

I have contacted someone I know at RAF Coningsby and they are seeing what might be available over there and if I hear anything I will let you know.

I have also tried RAF Cranwell as Serco apparently do have work experience opportunities but have not found a phone extension that has someone on the end to answer it yet , unless Cranwell is to far for you.

Regards Mick
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Image
User avatar
Old Rigger
Boeing B-29 Superfortress
Boeing B-29 Superfortress
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:38 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Work experience?

Postby Hazzer111 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Old Rigger wrote:Hi Harry, a quick update on here but will e-mail you more specific gen as I get it, this is more to save others trying the likes of Scampton.

Regard RAF Scampton the Red Arrows usually will do work experience but they are busy at the moment, the station itself also has options but this is more fighter control and admin side of a station not aircraft engineering.

I have contacted someone I know at RAF Coningsby and they are seeing what might be available over there and if I hear anything I will let you know.

I have also tried RAF Cranwell as Serco apparently do have work experience opportunities but have not found a phone extension that has someone on the end to answer it yet , unless Cranwell is to far for you.

Regards Mick


Thanks mick, I am very very very great full :D cranwell shouldn't be too far, it's another option anyway! :D :D

Thanks again Harry
User avatar
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Location: Bomber county

Re: Work experience?

Postby Old Rigger » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Harry, I hope you all got back safely and had no problems, it was a pleasure to meet you and your mum & dad. Dave mentioned that it was a pleasure to have you working with him and hopes that it will encourage you to think of working in this field and as we have all said if you want any help about getting a foot into this type of work once you have passed your exams, you have our details so don't hesitate to ask.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Image
User avatar
Old Rigger
Boeing B-29 Superfortress
Boeing B-29 Superfortress
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:38 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Work experience?

Postby Jigsaw » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:31 pm

Bravo OR and your chums, I applaud you :ymapplause:

Await the forthcoming report from Harry at his convenience (well done mate) :ymapplause:
God created man because a vibrator can't mow the lawn!

Image
User avatar
Jigsaw
Boeing 747
Boeing 747
 
Posts: 6455
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:58 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Work experience?

Postby Hazzer111 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:48 pm

well, i enjoyed that week allot! I am very grateful mick. Also to Dave and the others for putting up with me! I defiantly will not forget this past week in a long time! This has defiantly encouraged me to look at jobs to do with engineering, or in the raf! This week gave me an insight into the different carers around the aircraft.
And once again i would like to say thanks to mick!
User avatar
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Location: Bomber county

Re: Work experience?

Postby Old Rigger » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Hi Harry, glad you got home ok, and your comments, which I will pass onto Dave, have made my small effort worthwhile :ymblushing:

By the way I forgot to take the passes of you, but I have checked and you just need to destroy them, to be honest after today no-one would be able to use them anyway.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Image
User avatar
Old Rigger
Boeing B-29 Superfortress
Boeing B-29 Superfortress
 
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:38 am
Location: Lincoln

Re: Work experience?

Postby Hazzer111 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Old Rigger wrote:Hi Harry, glad you got home ok, and your comments, which I will pass onto Dave, have made my small effort worthwhile :ymblushing:

By the way I forgot to take the passes of you, but I have checked and you just need to destroy them, to be honest after today no-one would be able to use them anyway.


Ok, will do that. Thanks again
User avatar
Hazzer111
AgustaWestland Merlin
AgustaWestland Merlin
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:22 pm
Location: Bomber county

Previous

Return to Aviation Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests