very very annoying

Having problems with the forums? Have a question? Have a suggestion? Post here

very very annoying

Postby Last Lightning » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:12 am

Morning :) ;) :D

Seriously for the last ten minutes of perusing this forum i've had to log in 7 times!!! and thats very very annoying.....It does not happen on the other forums i view and comment on so why does it happen with just this one???
Last Lightning
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Re: very very annoying

Postby Xplumberlives » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:28 am

I think it only seems to be you, have you PMd the Admin dept?
"All modern aircraft have 4 dimensions: span, length, height and politics.
TSR-2 simply got the first 3 right. ”
— Sir Sydney Camm
Xplumberlives
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress
Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress

Also Known As: ROCKETMAN

Postby Mayfly » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:38 am

It is something that I get from time to time but not often - I got kicked off twice the the other day.

Have you tried clearing your cookies and staring again? There is a button at the bottom of the page to clear them.
In memory of a very dear friend - Mike Pearson

Very fond memories of Robbie Gilvary - DTs 1st Vulcan Captain who taught DT all he knew.
Mayfly

Postby Hungry Haggis » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:57 am

Another reason is .Maybe your router if you use one ,is dropping the connection used to happen to me a lot when I was on plusnet for an ISP.Got rid of them so far haven't had that happen.another reason could be a hiccup in your internal wireless signal .Now that I get a lot My wife says she can't get on so & so I try and get on it or the other way round ,MSN we find we get kicked of but strangely never at same time .Teach an old hand to Suck eggs etc but do you reboot your router now and then to pick up a new IP address that also helps with this problem I find . Whats your normal speed like if it's consistently slow ie in the region of 1 to 2 MB that can also affect your stability .Now that one is the consistent excuse of Plusnet for dropping out ,or Central heating switching or street lights or Christmas tree lights or even switching on TV etc (Guess why i told them to get lost).Seriously try a restart on your router see how it goes .Ask Wedgy (He will say ask the forum )Ducks and runs to hide now.Why 1 site kicks you off and others don't is a mystery it's happened to me many times over the years and 3 of my brothers used to work for IBM making the things and maintain them and they get the same issues I'm sure.Could even turn out to be something to do with your physical phone line faulty filter etc .Do you want to waste £120 or so to find out from BT . Just a few thoughts on what it could be.
http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.uk/s ... ancer.aspx . 2018 is not my favourite year at all
Hungry Haggis
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Postby Wedgy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:15 am

Your login is sustained by a cookie held on your PC, if your IP hasn't changed since the last time you were active (clicking any link on the site) then you shouldn't have to login more than once a week (cookies expire after 1 week).

The forum does have a secondary security measure. If your IP has changed since you were last active (either you logged onto a different PC or your internet connection reset) then it will ask you to re-login.

A while ago (although I haven't heard anything from users recently) we had a spate of attempted logins by people wanting to take over our user accounts. But the affected members were presented with a "catpcha" screen after "too many login attempts". I presume this isn't the case here?

Another cause could be a corrupt cookie .... clearing it first, then loging in again may help.

Keep me posted. :)
"Afterall, I am a kind Admin, a caring Admin, I listen to the people"

Help promote us! Look HERE
Wedgy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Also Known As: Wedginald

Postby Last Lightning » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Thanks for the sugestions everybody, changing my browser from IE9 to Firefox has made the problem go away ;) :D :)
Last Lightning
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Return to Forum Support