A Dream Come True????

Place for all historical (non-aviation) discussion

A Dream Come True????

Postby 34053 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:25 pm

As many of you will know, I have a passion for Steam Engines in general and Steam Locomotives in particular (being involved with the Restoration and Overhaul of Steam Locomotives).
Whenever I am near a working Steam Locomotive, I just love that smell - a heady mixture of steam, burning coal, hot oil, etc. My comment has often been: '...if only you could bottle that smell'. Well.....................it has come to my attention that it has been 'bottled' and will be available for the sum of 'only £13.95' from:

http://www.gaugemaster.com

Deluxe Materials AC-21 Living Steam Scented Smoke Oil

DLAC-21
Only £13.95 New item not yet released
Brand: Deluxe Materials
Part Number: AC-21
Our Code: DLAC-21

Scent & Smoke oil- for creating authentic steam railway scent or scented smoke. Living steam is a uniquely designed, safe, non-flammable fluid for the generation of realistic smoke nostalgic odour of steam railways. Living Steam can be used in two ways: 1. It can be placed on absorbent material placed in the room and allowed to evaporate. 2. Or it can be used as a smoke oil (e.g. from model rail smoke generators) but creating additional odour. 3. Living steam is both non-harmful and non-flammable making it probably unique in the market place and can be sent by mail order.
(Supplied in a 90ml Bottle).

[Check the date today... no, it isn't 1st April; this is for real!].

PW
BAE Hawk
BAE Hawk

Also Known As: Papa Wedgy

Re: A Dream Come True????

Postby Dougs » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:00 pm

HaHa love it but I think I got this one covered =)) =)) =))
B-)
Dougs
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III
Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Also Known As: Avro Atlantic

Return to History Past and Present