Hunterxf382 reporting in ;)

Introduce yourself here!

Hunterxf382 reporting in ;)

Postby Hunterxf382 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:38 pm

To be quite honest, I don't really know why I haven't joined this forum before now, but here goes anyway :)

My name's Pete, I'm an ex-RAF Airframes Tech and despite leaving the RAF in 1989, I am still surrounded by the world of aviation to this day, with many different ways I am involved.

In some sort of chronological order, here's my 'past to present' bit...

1979 - 1989 RAF career, started at Brawdy working on Hawks / Hunters / Jet Provosts / Meteors, followed by TTTE at Cottesmore on Tornado

1994 - became a member at Midland Air Museum and started looking after Hunter XF382 which I had last worked on at Brawdy in the 80's

1999 - started frequenting Kemble after an invite to be reunited with an old friend - "Winston" the same Meteor I had last worked on at Brawdy in 82. Continued to visit Kemble every year since as I've been part of the Events Team since then, working all the shows Kemble was famous for.

2014 - the start of my current voluntary work as a member of the Shackleton Preservation Trust looking after WR963 at Coventry and getting back to work on a live aircraft again (and loving it)

I'm quite active all over the internet, so my username might sound familiar to some on here already :D
Hunterxf382
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Re: Hunterxf382 reporting in ;)

Postby Ray C » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:35 pm

Your well & truly welcome.... ;)
Be yourself...everyone else is taken...!
Oscar Wilde.
Ray C
BAE Hawk
BAE Hawk

Also Known As: Castle boy

Return to New Members