Hello from HHA

Introduce yourself here!

Re: Hello from HHA

Postby Olicat » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:51 pm

There lies my problem :-?
Fly fast jets and/or C130s over my house please, I'm bored!

BUCCANEER TO THE SKY!
Olicat
Lockheed Constellation
Lockheed Constellation

Also Known As: Bullet

Postby HHA Eng » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Mod

I completely agree that she would be a huge crowd puller, unfortunately the extra monies that could be attributed to the "Buccaneer effect" would benefit only the airshow organisers and not HHA as they would offer a pitiful amount per appearancce which would be hugely short of costs. Notwithstanding the restoration work, permit costs, CAA fees; there are then the work up flights, display practice, display authorisation etc. Airshow display fees would not be anywhere near the costs and whilst we would love to put her in the air and show her off it is cost prohibitive and not really sensible unless you ave an almost infinite pot of cash to hand. The only option for display purposes would be sponsorship or to get the begging bowl out. As we all know from the Vulcan sponsorship is difficult if not impossible to come by. The begging bowl is a non starter.
HHA Eng
Piper J-3 Cub
Piper J-3 Cub

Postby MOD » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:01 pm

HHA Eng wrote:Mod

I completely agree that she would be a huge crowd puller, unfortunately the extra monies that could be attributed to the "Buccaneer effect" would benefit only the airshow organisers and not HHA as they would offer a pitiful amount per appearancce which would be hugely short of costs. Notwithstanding the restoration work, permit costs, CAA fees; there are then the work up flights, display practice, display authorisation etc. Airshow display fees would not be anywhere near the costs and whilst we would love to put her in the air and show her off it is cost prohibitive and not really sensible unless you ave an almost infinite pot of cash to hand. The only option for display purposes would be sponsorship or to get the begging bowl out. As we all know from the Vulcan sponsorship is difficult if not impossible to come by. The begging bowl is a non starter.

Yeah I agree HHA Eng :( Shame though that such an Iconic aircraft is unlikely to be seen on the airshow circuit again. Personally I would just settle for an opportunity to point my camera at it occasionally.. ;)
MOD
BAE Hawk
BAE Hawk

Also Known As: ibw123Heyfordian etc

Postby Jigsaw » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:24 pm

I'm with you on that one Ian :D
God created man because a vibrator can't mow the lawn!

Jigsaw
Boeing 747
Boeing 747

Previous

Return to New Members